Wednesday, April 10, 2013

MAC Fashion Sets Lipstick in Embrace Me, Silly, and Ablaze - Photos, Review, Swatches

I know people who are giant MAC fanatics, and others who wouldn't touch the brand if it were the last cosmetic company on earth; as with most things, I am not quite so polarized! I don't buy MAC products too too often but some collections do catch my eye, and I have a few staple items that I love and repurchase often. Additionally, MAC holds a special place in my heart for being one of the very very first brands from which I purchased makeup! 

So, today I have three lipsticks from the recent MAC Fashion Sets collection. I'm always looking for quality, bold mattes, so I knew I had to get these! Here's the typical MAC bullet, if you're unfamiliar:

First is Embrace Me, a deep, bright fuchsia -

Silly, a bright medium pink -

Ablaze, a medium orange-red with a hint of pink -

Top to Bottom - Ablaze, Silly, Embrace Me

As you’re able to tell, all three had amazing color payoff! The formula was very smooth and what I would deem just the tiniest bit moisturizing and certainly comfortable to wear. Like all MAC lipsticks, these had a mild vanilla scent. The most matte-like was Silly, though I would say the finish is more of a satin/matte hybrid – it still gives a mostly flat look but has just the smallest amount of sheen. Lovely shades overall, definite winners for those who like bright, bold colors and/or ‘matte’ finishes!


MAC lipsticks are available for $15 each. It seem that they are sold out on the MAC site and most places online but I would keep an eye on sites like Macy’s and Nordstrom, and check the counters as well!

What do you think? Are you a MAC girl or boy?

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, Ablaze is so pretty! Want, want, want... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a great color for this time of year!!

      Delete
  2. Embrace Me looks amazing! Love the swatches, makes me want to go buy them all!

    ReplyDelete