Friday, January 25, 2013

L'Oreal's Colour Riche Caress Stick Lipstick in Pink Vinyl, Blushing Sequin - Photos, Review, Swatches

Busybusybusy! D: I will try to get a few good, substantial posts in before my vacation, though!


Today I have for you two of the newish L'Oreal Colour Riche Caress Stick lipsticks. They come housed in pretty but fingerprint-prone gold packaging and, as far as I could tell, are available in 16 hues. I purchased two shades similar to what I like and tend to wear: Blushing Sequin, a warm bright rosy pink with a tinge of red; and Pink Vinyl, a cool pink with a touch of lavender. 

Blushing Sequin:

Pink Vinyl:

L to R: Blushing Sequin, Pink Vinyl
Alright. So, the shades are fairly lovely - sheer, easy to pull off, and providing a subtle wash of color. Unfortunately, the formula on this lipstick was terribly uncomfortable to wear. Immediately I felt stinging. (An allergy, perhaps?) It was mild, but still not something I want to put my lips through when I have other options. I found these drying and the texture to be slippery, very nearly slimy. Pink Vinyl disappeared within 1 to 1.5 hours of application.

Needless to say, I do not recommend L'Oreal's Colour Riche Caress Stick lipsticks despite wanting desperately to like them. I love sheer, balmy lipstick hybrids with a punch of color, and that's what I hoped these would be, but there are better options available. If you want to try out these lipsticks, they are available for about $9.99 each at drugstores.

4 comments:

  1. I think you might have had some type of allergic reaction. I have these and never had that type of experience. That said, these are not my favorite lipsticks. I guess I still prefer Revlon lip butters consistency and shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marla,

      I totally agree - the Revlon lip butters are SO much better! The formula on the above-featured lipsticks is... flimsy, compared to the butters.

      Delete
  2. I love Pink Vinyl! But that sooo would not look good on my skin tone! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Revlon lip butters are overrated. Some clinkers in the bunch that dry, don't last etc. I've found some of the L'Oreal Colour Riche lipsticks to be quite lovely and definitely longer staying power. Rose Taffeta as an example.

    ReplyDelete