Tuesday, October 2, 2012

e.l.f. Disney Villains Sets in Maleficent, Evil Queen - Swatches, Photos, Review




I get so very nostalgic whenever I see products referencing Disney! While I haven't seen Snow White or Sleeping Beauty (I was more of an Aladdin and The Little Mermaid girl) I of course recognize the iconic characters featured in these little e.l.f Disney Villains makeup sets. I'm sure these will appeal to the women, like myself, who grew up on a steady diet of Disney cartoons and sparkling princess costume gowns!

e.l.f offers three different makeup sets, all limited edition and currently available at Walgreens stores for $9.99 each: Maleficent Sinister Smoky Eye, Cruella Evil Everyday Eye, and Evil Queen Devious Dramatic Eye. Each set contains eight eyeshadows (four for a 'day' look, four for a 'night' look), two lip/cheek pencils, a pair of false lashes with glue, eye primer, and a liquid liner. The inside packaging also contains instructions for creating a night and day look using the products provided.

Evil Queen:
Top to Bottom, L to R (day to night): One Bite, Vanity, Narcissistic, Potion, Fairest of the Land, Majesty, Peddler's Cloak, Poison Apple
The two lip/cheek pencils:


Maleficent:

Top to Bottom, L to R (day to night): Spindle, Sceptre, Fog of Doom, Fauna, Misfortune, Forest of Thorns, Deep Sleep, Diablo
The two lip/cheek pencils:

Some nice things going on here! Maleficent blew me away - most of the eyeshadows were super soft, decently pigmented (just look at Diablo!), and the only disappointing colors were Fog of Doom and Fauna, the matte purple and green; they were somewhat powdery, patchy, and difficult to apply evenly. However, I can't really bring myself to care as the rest of the palette is so, so disgustingly awesome. Evil Queen's eye shades were a tad lighter and subtler, but not too bad. Quality-wise, I wholeheartedly recommend Maleficent. Evil Queen is okay, but perhaps not worth purchasing if you already have a decent makeup collection unless you are a Disney collector lured by the limited edition-ness of these sets. 

I'll post Cruella soon!

Again, these sets are available from Walgreens in-stores at $9.99 each.

Are you a fan of these Disney-inspired sets? Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it! Please follow me if you like the contents of this blog :)

1 comment:

  1. omg! I love this <3 hope we get these cool palettes in our country SOON :)

    ReplyDelete