Monday, October 29, 2012

Dollish Polish Nail Lacquer in Spectral Pup, Vampire's Coven, I'm the Boogieman - Photos, Swatches

It's a race to post all my Halloween swatches before the 31st, so expect this post to be less talk and more photos. (Or, as I like to say, drive-by swatches!) Feast your eyes upon some of the gorgeous Dollish Polish lacquers from her Nightmare Before Christmas inspired This is Halloween collection -

L to R: Spectral Pup (glow-in-the-dark), I'm the Boogieman, Vampire's Coven
Spectral Pup - One coat over OPI Pink Friday. This is a glow-in-the-dark orange and white glitter in a shimmery pinkish base -

Vampire's Coven, a red and purple glitter (including squares!) in a sheer black jelly base. Three coats -

I'm The Boogieman, a shimmery spring green base packed with green glitter of all shades. Two coats -

Lovely, no? (Not that I was expecting anything less from the amazing Dollish Polish!) Unfortunately I don't think these are available anymore, but please check out her beautiful offerings at her shop here. Full sized bottles are $8.75 each.

2 comments:

  1. I love your sparkle polishes but I have the hardest time removing them. Have you found a polish remover that works better than others?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marla,

      My new favorite remover is the Sephora by OPI one (http://www.sephora.com/nail-colour-remover-P217301?skuId=1111004). It contains grape seed oil which not only moisturizes skin, but also allows hard-to-remove polish to lift off more easily.

      I know it's a bit pricey; what I can say is that I do NOT recommend the following removers: Studio M, Up (the generic brand found at Target), and the generic Walgreens brand. I found all of those to be drying and not very effective.

      Places like Claire's and Icing also sell cheap remover containers with flexible "teeth" that help scrape away glitter.

      A friend recently pointed me to this glitter removal method, which relies on using Elmer's glue as a peel-off base coat. I haven't tried this yet myself, but it seems to be a super quick and mess-free way to remove glitter: http://www.prettypurplepolish.com/2012/08/peel-off-base-coat-for-easy-glitter.html

      Thanks for commenting, and I hope this helps!

      Delete