Wednesday, October 17, 2012

China Glaze Wicked for Halloween 2012 - Make a Spectacle, Immortal, Cast a Spell, Glitter Goblin - Review, Swatches, Photos

Halloween nail lacquer collections are the ones I look forward to most, I suspect. They usually feature the ugly, grotesque (yet undoubtedly appealing and beautiful) colors that seem out of place the rest of the year but so fitting for this time of little ghoulies and goblins and midnight enchantments. That was an unnecessarily long and convoluted way to say... this post is ULTRA pic-heavy 8D I can't help myself! I think you'll see what I mean when you feast on these amazingly lovely China Glaze Halloween 2012 polishes! It's hard not to get carried away -

L to R: Cast A Spell, Make A Spectacle, Immortal, Glitter Goblin

First is Immortal (which I keep wanting to call 'Immortal Beloved'...), a concrete gray creme with ah-mazing iridescent blue shimmer (two coats) -
Immortal layered with Glitter Goblin (middle) and Make a Spectacle (pointer and ring)

 Cast a Spell, a deep browned green with gold shimmer (two coats):

Cast a Spell layered with Make a Spectacle
Cast a Spell layered with Crows Toes Frog's Breath


What else to say but that these are so very spectacular? Immortal is stunningly gorgeous, a unique addition to my collection of grays and unlike any I already have. The formula was buttery smooth, heavily pigmented, and yielded perfect application in two coats. Cast a Spell was similarly flawless - very nearly a one-coater! It's such an interesting and complex shade; I suspect it will satisfy all spectra of nail polish fans, whether casual collectors or hardcore obsessives. I can't see why this dark green couldn't be appropriate for work - it's just on the side of neutral, though the gold shimmer adds a dash of spice. Make a Spectacle is a lovely translucent glitter topcoat that I think would look so chic atop soft whites and grays, if you are looking for something subtle. Sorry for the lack of photos featuring Glitter Goblin; I wasn't very inspired by it today, but it is a fun and densely packed glitter. Overall, superb collection.

These are available at Ulta and Sally Beauty Supply (around $7), and through online e-tailers like Head2Toe Beauty (about $3).

What do you think? Do you LOVE Halloween makeup collections like I do?

Thanks for reading! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the China Glaze 2012 Halloween Collection. Very cool colors.

    ReplyDelete