Sunday, October 30, 2011

Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick, Part 1: 12, 22, 36, 39, 40 - Review, Photos, Swatches

Hope everyone had a lovely Halloween weekend! Any crazy-awesome costumes? (I can never think of anything clever!)

I'm pleased to bring you some of my favorite lipsticks from one of my favorite brands - here is part of my Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick collection (unfortunately I'm a massive hoarder/buyer/obsessor when it comes to MUFE :x). These lip colors come in three finishes (matte, pearly, satin) and there's a wide range of colors to choose from.

This post features the lipsticks in numbers 18, 22, 39, 40, and 36. Here's 18:
18, with flash
18, without flash
18 is a peachy-beige shimmer (pearl finish). In all honesty, I'm not a huge fan of the 'pearl' finishes in this line - they are super-dry, hard, and have little give which makes application kind of a drag (literally!). Still, though this is my least-used MUFE lipstick, the color is nice, neutral with a wash of shimmer, and fairly good for layering gloss over it. Due to its dry nature 18 wears well, lasting about four hours on me.

22, with flash
22, without flash
22 is a warm nude cream. It's surprisingly non-fussy for a skintone, though it is a bit warm for my cool complexion.

39, with flash
39, without flash
39 is a pretty light coral. This is a satin finish.

40, with flash
40, without flash
This one is a BRIGHT, traffic-stopping orange, and totally amazing! I wore it throughout summer for many a barbecue, luau, and picnic (I especially love pairing it with a delicate, romantic white sundress for an edge). :) Such a fun hue!

36, with flash
36, without flash
36 is a bright fuchsia cream. Another playful, vibrant color.

The MUFE satin finishes (numbers 22-50) are positively fantastic. While not necessarily moisturizing, they are smooth and non-drying as contradistinguished from the rough pearl finishes. The colors are fabulously pigmented and opaque with one swipe. Wear time is tops - I'm able to go about five hours without reapplication. When they fade they do so uniformly, evenly, and not at all embarrassingly (I don't think I'm the only one who has looked a fool when lip colors have left that awful, harsh ring around the lips!). Make Up For Ever's Rouge Artist Intense lipsticks are available at Sephora for $19 each. (Be sure to take advantage of Sephora's current f&f sale!)


L to R, no flash - 12, 22, 39, 40, 36
L to R, with flash - 12, 22, 39, 40, 36


Are any of these calling out to you? Thanks for reading! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment