Thursday, October 13, 2011

L'Oreal Project Runway Collection Audacious Amazon's Pout, Night's Owl - Swatches, Review, Photos

Do you watch Project Runway?

I watched religiously from the very start, but for the last few seasons I found my interest waning. Design overload! (Or, maybe I simply don't have as much time as I used to...)

Nevertheless, when I heard L'Oreal was developing a new collection inspired by the show I was intrigued, and subsequently disappointed - the only products that piqued my interest were two of the nail polishes and Audacious Amazon's Pout (a lipstick). Since the drugstore was out of one of the lacquers (the Raven one), I took home Night's Owl. (And when I say "took home" I mean only after paying! Don't want to imply that I'm some crazy makeup criminal! D:)

Here's Audacious Amazon's Pout, a vibrant pink-red -
Such a lovely statement color. In my opinion it can be an everyday shade as long as you're not a wilting lily, shrinking violet, wallflower, or any other of the timorous angiospermae! The formula is incredibly smooth and glides on easily.

Now, the gem of the collection, Night's Owl -
Do you see how gorgeous this is?? Do you?!? (You probably do.) Ugh. UGH. So rustic, glowing, deep, shimmery, spectacular. Off the top of my head this is reminiscent of China Glaze's Wagon Trail, but I'll have to pull out the CG shade to do a proper comparison. Regardless, Night's Owl is going to get a lot of play on my nails this season!

That's it for tonight, guys. Thanks for reading and if you enjoy this blog, I would quite love for you to follow me! (No pressure, though ;)

1 comment:

  1. i was thinking of buying that polish, it's sooooo lovely. but i've bought toooo many dark shimmery colors lately lol

    ReplyDelete