Saturday, July 2, 2011

Philosophy Just Release Me Eye Makeup Remover



If, like me, you are hopelessly addicted to makeup and, like me, don't have a pool filled with money in the basement that automatically refills itself (if only!), you conduct a self-survey prior to the purchase of an item at the high end of your price range - Do I really, really need this? Do I already have something similar in my collection? Will this be available for purchase later, if there's a sale?

Some products I will never skimp on - mainly facial skincare. I have sensitive, finicky, acne-prone skin that likes to freak out if I try to introduce something new to it, so I do extensive research prior to making this sort of purchase. Once I find something light, non-foaming, oil-free, and natural that works for me I tend to stick to it, regardless of price-point. It's a cost I'm willing to eat if it means my skin is happy!

With cosmetics, like eye shades and lipsticks, I am much more discerning. If I'm not using it on a daily basis, I like to be more frugal.

If we revisit our basic cell bio and consider my first instance (skincare) as non-conservative replication, and the second example (cosmetics) conservative replication, then of course semi-conservative replication, the midpoint between two extremities, must be a product like eye make-up remover! (Horrifyingly dorky analogy, I know :)


I would love to use Lancome's Bi-Facil ($26 for 4 fl oz.) or Chanel's Demaquillant Yeux Intense ($32 for 3.4 fl oz.), both wonderful products, on a daily basis, but the cost would be astronomical! I would love to spend as little money as possible, but find that many dirt cheap cleansers (eg the ELF removal pads) hurt my eyes. Though I look for a cheap alternative, I still have some requirements; I want an efficacious cleanser that can remove every last bit of mascara and liner, yet be gentle enough not to cause any undue discomfort to my eyes. One remover I have found that works for me is Philosophy's Just Release Me. 

At $18 for 6 fl oz. (50% larger than Lancome and nearly double the amount of Chanel), it is a cost-effective option for anyone looking for a decent, heavy-duty eye makeup remover that doesn't cause your vision to cloud or your eyes to sting. Yes, Lancome and Chanel are slightly easier to use - with Philosophy I find that I have to scrub a little harder and wipe over twice, while the higher-end ones require just one application - but hey. We work hard for the money and if putting in a little more elbow grease saves me some pennies, I'm down! The end result is the same, after all. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment