Sunday, June 26, 2011

NYC Liquid Lipshine: Fashion Ave Fuchsia

Goodness, this weekend just flew by :< (Please come back!)

Yesterday I discovered a new Target near work and was overwhelmed by its four full aisles of cosmetics, filled to the brim with product, a good bit of which is not available at my local store. Today I am reviewing one of my (many, which is unfortunate for my bank account...) purchases from that finding: NYC's Liquid Lipshine in 579 Fashion Avenue Fuchsia.

Fashion Ave Fuchsia clocks in at 0.24 fluid oz for $2.49.


The color is a pretty fuchsia with silver micro glitter - vibrant, but totally wearable. The applicator is your standard, nondescript doe-foot. Nothing of note in that regard.


The lipshine goes on smooth and glossy, with a fluid, non-tacky texture. The wear time is fairly standard for lipgloss - of course it comes off easily when drinking or eating, but holds decently well otherwise (it does settle lightly into lines but unless examined closely, it is innocuous). I found I had to reapply every 2-3 hours.




This is all well and good, and from my review so far is would seem NYC Liquid Lipshine is a fine, inexpensive choice of lip polish. HOWEVER. For me, there was one important deal breaker: the smell! It's a combination of vanilla and some sort of artificial fruity scent, and is positively nauseating to me. Others may be able to tolerate or even enjoy this, but I simply can't. Too bad, because otherwise NYC has produced a decent product at an exceptional price.

0 comments:

Post a Comment